Saturday, March 13, 2010

Infinitely More Loving Than God

 Yet another comment I made on one of Ray Comfort's blog posts.  It does seem like a bit of a trend as of late, but my motivation to work on this blog is powered by just how incensed I am about any particular topic, and I haven't really had any experiences with a lot of the other things I plan to cover, recently.



We violated God's Law when he made two people with no knowledge of right or wrong, then put down a tree that contained that knowledge and told them it would be wrong to eat it.

And because two people who the Bible admits didn't know right from wrong did something that they were told was 'wrong', a meaningless concept to them, we're tortured forever as the default.

Why do we have to believe in Jesus for God to forgive us? Why is God's love conditional? So limited? I can forgive people for things without having them put absolute trust in me. In fact, if I was the final arbiter on whether or not people were tortured eternally, I wouldn't send a single person to that fate. How am I so much more loving than God? Considering that God defaults you to an infinite amount of pain, and I would not, it's fairly obviously that I, a mere mortal, am infinitely more loving than God.

No comments:

Post a Comment